Welcome Baby Set

My friends were expecting a new baby - a baby boy! He was to arrive in mid- to late November, so I decided to make him something  that would keep him warm and cosy in winter months. I had a few balls of blue yarn, which would not be enough to make a blanket, so I opted for a nice cabled cardigan and matching socks.

I did not follow a specific pattern, but I knew I wanted cables, and I wanted to work it from neck down as one piece, with sleeves finished individually. Inspired by some photos of cabled baby sets online, I improvised my own version:



 This is how the cardigan looks from the back:



A 'candid' of the matching sock:



The set as modeled by my Corolle Bebe Cheri doll which has a size of a 3-month-old baby. As you can see, it is still quite big, so the actual baby boy might have to wear the set in spring, rather than in winter :).


Comments