Unicorn Dreams: American Girl 88

I have so many American Girl dolls I have lost count. But when I saw this beauty on Indigo for just $50 CAD, I could not resist! She arrived in a week or so, and I am so happy I have bought her! 

This pretty girl is American Girl Just Like You No 88  (a Truly Me doll. She was released in 2020,  retired in 2024 and re-released in an updated version as Just Like You 129. 

 But first things first. Let's unpack her. 


Here she is with box top removed. She is very carefully packed, with her limbs carefully wrapped where she is attached to the box.


A standard book 'Friends: Making Them and Keeping Them' is included with the doll.


This is No 88 detached from the box, in all her glory. She is wearing a standard Sparkle and Shine meet outfit, which consists of a dress, bomber jacket and sneaker-like shoes. Of course, she also has panties on :). 

Her body is standard. The only thing I'd like to point out in this regard is that her neck is attached to the torso with a help of a plastic tie instead of 'classic' string neck tie.

Here is a candid photo of No 88's pretty Classic Mold face. She has light skin, feathered brows, regular eyelashes (No 129 has painted eyelashes plus regular eyelashes) and blue eyes.


No 88 has pretty pale pink and blue hair (blue appears mostly in a lower section of her wig), parted to the left. It's curly and quite long!


I found the wig to be quite thick (I've seen worse!).


Overall, No 88 is a very beautiful girl! I am so happy to welcome her to my doll family :)



Comments